Blue Aruba Rentals now has the pre-approval “Aruba Health & Happiness Code”, a stringent cleaning and hygiene certification program that offers a safe environment for employees and guests across the island. Our units are cleaned with new cleaning procedures, based on the Department of Public Health of Aruba and WHO guidelines. These new guidelines elevate the existing cleaning protocols to new norms for all areas including disinfecting public spaces, housekeeping guidelines, and more. Visitors can expect such measures as plexiglass barriers at desks, keyless smarts locks & contactless check-in, thorough disinfecting rooms, and more.
All vacation rental field staff/housekeepers/technicians or other employees have complete training regarding proper and safe cleaning techniques and property security. Teams need to understand how to safely use chemical products and dispose of trash, cleaning supplies, and biohazards appropriately.
BlueAruba Rentals existing cleaning standards and processes are focused on disinfecting homes between each stay for our guests and owners.
We have also emphasized effective hygiene practices and safety recommendations for both our employees and housekeepers, including:
- All field staff should continue proper hand washing protocols throughout the day and should avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Always wash hands thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds, throughout the day but especially when gloves are removed. If soap and water are not available, use provided an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home and report when they are sick.
- Every day temperature is checked prior to enter premises.
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Our Housekeepers and Inspectors must wear disposable gloves and mask while cleaning and inspecting. They are required to wash their hands immediately after gloves and mask are removed.
- Ventilate rooms after every check-out and before cleaning. Allow fresh air to circulate leaving all windows open for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- No check ins after 48 hours from previous check out.
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch objects and surfaces.
- All our rooms are clean and disinfected with specific products for that purpose.
- Our linen is professionally washed in an outside laundry with the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer.
- Rooms are cleaned when guest/owner is not in the unit. Requests for extra housekeeping during stay, requires the guest to leave the unit for the cleaning to be performed maintaining the much-needed social distancing.
- The safest policy is to only dispatch a maintenance technician or third-party vendor if the issue is truly something that needs to be handled immediately, while the guest is still in residence. Nonessential visits should be severely limited or restricted.
- Technicians should wear gloves and masks at all times, disposing of those properly after exiting.
We are also using a pressurized pump sprayer with a sanitizing product with a high percentage of alcohol and quaternary to increase sanitization in the unit. This procedure is performed within 24 hours of check in.